Reduce your maintenance with Lawn Aeration
Annual aeration is beneficial for all lawns. Lawns growing with poor quality topsoil or that have a lot of activity (foot traffic) especially benefit from aeration each year. At Green Giant, we provide core aeration, a process that removes small plugs of soil and helps your lawn’s health and vigor, all while reducing maintenance requirements. Aerating your lawn, in combination with fertilization, enhances root growth and improves spring green-up.
Benefits of Our Lawn Aeration Service:
- Reduced compaction of soil, allowing grass to produce a stronger, healthier root system and better water and fertilizer absorption
- Reduced water runoff and puddling
- Reduced likelihood of developing a damaging thatch layer
- Enhanced stress tolerance during periods of heat and drought
- Improved resiliency and cushioning for your feet
- Overseeding and Aeration
Overseeding at the time of Aeration is a great way to thicken up a thin lawn or introduce better grass types to a lawn. Simply spreading grass seed over a lawn will give very poor results. By aerating first, the soil is cultivated, greatly improving the results. The majority of the new grass will grow in the aeration holes. “Tufts” of new grass will grow out of the holes and then “tiller-out” and thicken up the lawn.