Lawn Care – Early Summer Application
Surface Feeding Insect Control, Fertilization & Weed Control
Early Summer Application – Round 3
What was done?
Today we applied:
- Granular, balanced fertilizer blended especially for summer growing conditions.
- Surface feeding insect control and broadleaf weed control where needed.
What you can expect:
The fertilizer will enhance your lawn’s color and density. Typically fertilizer response on the lawn is visible in 10 to 14 days with adequate soil moisture and will last 6 to 8 weeks. We used a controlled release fertilizer, which will provide long term feeding with no burn potential. Surface feeding insect control will reduce the population of turf damaging insects such as chinch bugs and sod webworms to non-damaging levels. Weed control will minimize broadleaf weeds that may be present. The weed control will be most effective if we have some rain.
What you can do to benefit most from today’s visit:
Watering will benefit this application. If we do not get rain within a week of the application, it is best if you can apply about ½ inch of water to the lawn.
- Help Us Help Your Lawn! Mowing Height Is Very Important. Maintain at least a 3” mowing height (if you do not know how to adjust your mower, ask your Technician and he will gladly do it for you at no charge.)
- Mowing too short will take the color out of the lawn and cause it to stress more in the hot, dry summer conditions.
- Please do not use a weed-eater along the edges of your lawn since this will most often ‘scalp’ the grass and allow weeds to grow.
Morning watering is best.
When the weather stays hot & dry, watering your lawn is very helpful. One inch of water, once a week is adequate.
Never water in the evening or night because this can cause disease problems on your lawn.
Ants, Bees, Wasps, and other Pests are very active right now.
Most insects are becoming very active at this time of year. You may be seeing annoying Ants in your kitchen and bathrooms, Carpenter Bees destroying your deck/patio, stinging Wasps building nests in the eaves of your home, and Spiders near your doors. If this is the case, please call us regarding our Year Round Household Pest Control Program. We can take the hassle and headache out of summer pest issues and make your home a comfortable place to relax…pest-free! For more info, go to www.GreenGiantHC.com/Pest-control/
All programs include free inspections. These inspections cover all areas that are addressed in your program.
If you have any concerns about your lawn, please call. We will keep working until you are completely satisfied!
You are free to go on the lawn after the material has dried, which can take up to two hours depending on weather conditions. Small children and pets should remain off the lawn until the material has dried.