Cockroaches are disgusting insects and not just because of their appearance. They can pose a significant risk to human health if they’ve entered your home. Cockroaches can carry various diseases such as salmonella and dysentery. Additionally, cockroach droppings can lead to childhood asthma. They are also a common source of allergies.
One cockroach in your home is a sign that you may already have a roach problem. Even worse, these pests are difficult to locate and eliminate on your own. When your cockroach problem goes from bad to worse, it’s time to call in a cockroach removal professional.
The most common cockroaches for Pennsylvania homeowners are:
- German cockroaches prefer to live and breed indoors. They are most often found in kitchens or bathrooms.
- American cockroaches can be found in basements and kitchens, but prefer to breed outdoors and live on trees.
- Oriental cockroaches are found in cool, damp areas like your basement or crawl space. These pests pose the biggest health concern as they transmit Salmonella and other many other types of bacteria as well as parasitic worms.
Reasons to Consider Professional Cockroach Treatment
- Cockroaches can build resistance to pest control products, making them even more difficult to control over time.
- Unlike other pests, cockroaches are year-round pests that can cause problems for homeowners and businesses at any time of the year.
- In many cases, a home DIY prevention program isn’t enough. A cockroach infestation is best handled by an experienced and trained pest control professional.
At Green Giant, we utilize multiple methods to control cockroach populations. We also continually rotate our treatment products to prevent cockroaches from becoming resistant. We will treat the proper areas in order to achieve the most effective control of this intrusive pest. In short, we will control your cockroach problem quickly and effectively. There will be no guesswork because we know how to do the job right the first time. Also unlike other exterminators, we don’t use dangerous chemicals that are harmful to your family’s health.
If you think you have cockroaches in your home, call the experts at Green Giant Pest Control. Our protection plans include an initial visit and one follow-up visit to help keep your home free of nasty roaches.
Download our Residential Cockroach Treatment Preparation Sheet