In the pest control world, early spring is prime time for termites. Large colonies with populations in the hundreds of thousands thrive at this time of year causing irreparable damage to homes and buildings. Luckily, our approach to termite control service is two-fold—we’ve got the tools to control existing infestations and the ability to monitor future termite activity.
Green Giant’s Termite Control Program
Termite Extermination – Contact us for Pricing
Every home is unique and should be evaluated by one of our technicians to provide an estimate and details for treatment. While each situation is different, the overall termite treatment process usually follows the same broad guidelines when targeting an infestation. There are three standard methods of treatment:
- Soil Treatment – A trench is dug around the foundation, and the soil is treated with a termiticide. Treatments used on the soil surrounding your property act as a treatment barrier. This type of treatment kills termites in the house as they return to the soil to nest.
- Wood Treatment – There are several different types of wood treatments to help eliminate existing termite colonies as well as help prevent future ones. Wood treatments include surface sprays, injected sprays, and Borate treated wood.
- Bait Stations – Bait termite treatment stations are effective at destroying termite colonies. Bait stations are installed around the perimeter of the property. After the bait stations are installed, the termites feed on them and then deliver the bait to the colony. As other termites ingest the bait, the colony is eliminated. The bait stations are then monitored on a set timetable to help ensure you are protected from current and future infestations.
Termite Inspection – $185.00 (for houses with up to five bedrooms)
We will provide termite inspections for customers that think they might have termites as well as customers that need an inspection for the sale or purchase of a home.
- If the customer does have termites, and they choose to have Green Giant perform the extermination service, we will apply the $185 towards the treatment cost. If termites are not found, or the customer chooses not to use Green Giant for treatment, the refund is non-refundable.
- If the inspection is for the purchase or sale of a property, the inspection will include a Termite Report – also referred to as a Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Report which is usually required by a bank issuing a mortgage.
Termite Protection Plan – $16.99 / month (for houses with up to five bedrooms)
If you are interested in protecting your home from termites all year long, this plan is what you need. Once an initial inspection is completed and no wood destroying insect are found, all you need to do is make your first monthly payment to start the program. Green Giant will cover all treatment costs if a problem arises from termites.
Without coverage, costs can typically range from $1,500-$4,000, depending on structure size.
See all the details of our Termite Protection Plan.
Swarms of “Silent Destroyers” Need a Giant Solution: Termite Control Services
How did termites earn this harsh nickname? Consider this: Termites eat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means that damage to wood in and around a structure can happen very quickly. In fact, the National Pest Management Association estimates that termites cause in excess of $5 billion in property damage each year in the United States.
Learn more about the Signs of Termites and what you need to know.