Bed Bug Preparation
3 Required Preparation Steps
You can help Green Giant rid your home of a bed bug problem by doing the following things:
- Be prepared to leave the home during treatment and for a number of hours afterward. In many cases, this will be at least four hours.
- Remove all pets from the home during the time of treatment excluding fish tanks. Fish tanks are to be covered with plastic wrap, and pumps turned off until reoccupying home.
- Remove all sheets, covers, dust ruffles, or any other bedding covers from the mattresses and box spring in all bedrooms. Wash all bed linens in the hottest water possible. Do not replace the bed linens until four hours after treatment.
- If any mattresses, box springs, or other furniture are being discarded, please enclose the items in a sealed plastic wrap before removing the items from the house to prevent dispersal of live bedbugs or eggs. ALL mattresses and box springs MUST be encased in order for any service or call back guarantee to remain valid.
- Remove all personal items including clothes, toys, shoes, stored materials, etc., from the furniture and floor area throughout the home.
- Remove everything from ALL closets. Completely empty all bedroom drawers and empty all books and items from bookcases prior to treatment.
- Clean or launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment. Any stuffed toys or other fabric-based personal items should be run through a pre-heated, hot dryer cycle for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Vacuum all of carpeting, bedding, bed frame, backs of pictures, and other areas bedbugs are seen. Immediately empty the vacuum cleaner bag and dispose of it in an exterior dumpster or trash.
- To give the treatment time to work, do not shampoo or clean floors or carpet for at least three weeks after the treatment. The vacuum may be used as desired.
- Move all items and furniture away from walls. Our technicians will need access to all baseboards and behind all furniture. (Everything may be returned to its original location after the treatment is completed.)
- The bathtub, kitchen counters, dining room tables, and coffee tables can be used to place items during treatment. Please do not place clothes or linens on these surfaces.
- Allow three to four weeks from time of treatment for it to be completely effective. If the problem persists after this period of time, please contact us immediately. Additional charges may apply depending upon your service agreement.
I have read and understand the instructions above and agree to follow these instructions prior to any treatment date. I also understand that failure to do so may result in additional charges or void and guarantee that may exist.