Tree & Shrub Care – Horticultural Oil
Horticultural Oil Application – T01
What Was Done:
Today we applied horticultural oil to the trees and shrubs being cared for in your program. This treatment helps to control over wintering insect pests and their eggs that may be present on the plants. Horticultural oils are also known to suppress some plant diseases.
Primarily the pests controlled are:
- Scale insects
- Lace bugs
No blue colored plants were sprayed unless authorized by you because horticultural oil can affect the blue coloring. It is recommended to follow up with additional insect and/or disease controls, at the proper times, throughout the season. This application usually dries within 1-2 hours and any precipitation after this time will not adversely impact the effectiveness of the treatment.
FYI: Horticultural oils are highly refined petroleum products that work by ”coating” the pests. Horticultural oils compliment Plant Health Care (PHC) programs, a holistic approach to managing your landscape plants through proper plant selection, fertilization, watering, insect/disease control, and proper pruning.
PLEASE KEEP PEOPLE AND PETS AWAY FROM THE TREATED PLANTS UNTIL THE APPLICATION IS DRY.
Additional Available Services:
- Soil Injection can provide up to a full year control with one application on some insect pests.
- This method is great for Spotted Lanternfly, lace bugs, Japanese beetles, aphids, leaf miners, Bronze Birch borer and other flat-headed borers, scale insects, leaf beetles, mealy bugs, psyllids, whiteflies, and sawfly larvae.
- The material is injected into the ground at the base of the plant and moves upward through the plant to target pests.
- Please call to see how this system can benefit your landscape.
- Spring Root Fertilization is a great way to get your trees and shrubs off to a good start this spring and help them recover from winter.
- If this is not part of your program or you haven’t had your plants fertilized recently, contact us to schedule an application.