Municipal Roadside & Curbside Vegetation Management
If you’re a township or borough manager in the Berks, Chester, Lancaster, Montgomery, or Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area, you need Green Giant’s Roadside and Curbside Vegetation Management services.
Why Green Giant’s Roadside Control Program?
I’m sure you know that tree roots can damage and breakup concrete but you may not realize how much damage can be caused by weeds.
Even small weeds can cause significant damage to streets, sidewalks, and drainage systems when left unchecked. Take a look at what weeds did to the sidewalk in this picture.
The sidewalks in this municipality would have lasted much longer if a routine vegetation management program had been used. It is much less expensive to treat the weeds once or twice a year than it is to replace the sidewalks and or curbs.
Your municipality spends thousands of dollars each year building and maintaining infrastructure. Our comprehensive Roadside and Curbside Vegetation Management services protect and extend the life of your city’s curbs, streets, and drainage systems.
What is Green Giant’s Roadside Vegetation Management?
At Green Giant, we kill your municipality’s unwanted vegetation along roads, curbs, sidewalks and other infrastructure.
During the entire growing season, weed-seeds germinate in cracks where the street and curb meet. Our weed control kills those hard-to-get weeds.
Weed-Eating vs Spraying to Kill Weeds
If your primary method of killing unwanted plant material is by weed-eating (or weed-whacking – whatever you call using a string-trimmer) you will love the benefits of switching to a vegetation management program.
The three main benefits are:
- Weed-Eating requires a lot of labor.
- Weeds that are hit with a weed-eater grow back – requiring more labor throughout the growing season.
- Safety – employees weed-eating along roads is dangerous.
With spray treatments, the work only needs to be done once or twice a year. The weeds don’t grow back and our employees receive extensive safety training. Our vehicles are set up for this type of work – we get on and off of the roads quickly.
We provide you with vegetation management services because
- Persistent weeds will cause street and road damage. The vegetation’s root system generates curb and street repairs that come with a high price tag to your city or township.
- You want your town to look beautiful for both residents as well as visitors driving through your area.
- You want to save money from having to pay a company or hire laborers to weed eat your vegetation every few weeks.
- You want the job done safely. When climbing weeds or thick brush block drivers’ line of sight, there will be more vehicle accidents as well as concerned citizens.
- You want to maintain your municipality’s infrastructure by eliminating vegetation from growing over guardrails and causing premature rusting.
How Green Giant’s Highway & Roadside Weed Management Works
At Green Giant, our trained technicians use herbicides that meet the approval of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. We apply a minimal amount of weed control in targeted areas. We maintain safety and still achieve quality results with our weed control techniques.
We target the following three areas for Vegetation Roadside Management:
- Along curbs, gutter lines, and sidewalks
- Around catch basins, swales and other storm water structures
- Around guardrails, rights-of-way, roadside shoulders, and street signs.
Contact Green Giant Now for All of Your Vegetation & Weed Control Needs
If you’re a township manager, business manager of a city or borough in southeastern Pennsylvania or the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton corridor, Text or call us today at 610-944-0408 or fill out our contact form.