Bed Bug Control
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem?
Do you wake up covered with tiny red bite marks? Have you noticed reddish-brown stains on your bedsheets? Does your bedroom have a musty smell? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might have a bed bug problem. Bed bugs can quickly become a serious problem. These infamous and elusive pests can multiply exponentially once inside your home or office. Left untreated, a single pregnant bed bug can become a thousand biting bed bugs within a month.
In the last 10 years, there has been an explosion in bed bug populations in the U.S. A 2013 survey from the National Pest Management Association found that 99.6% of respondents faced a bed bug infestation in the prior year.
Bed bugs are special pests that you need to understand before you can rid your home of them. Bed bugs are found in homes and businesses in all socioeconomic categories. Our Bed Bug Treatment Service includes:
- Bed bug detection and proper identification
- Plant-Based Alternatives for Bed Bug Control
- Very detailed visual inspection (bed bugs can be hard to find)
- Monitoring traps to detect the presence of bed bugs
Bed Bug Treatment Methods
When it comes to bed bugs control, different situations require different treatment methods. Depending on your unique situation, our certified bed bug pest control professionals can utilize several methods including:
Applications with products designed and approved for use in living areas:
- Botanicals (plant-based products) are an effective alternative to conventional insecticides. In some cases, these products are derived from substances certain plants create to protect themselves from insects. Other botanical products made from plant oils can also be used very effectively in other types of pest control.
- Our botanicals products follow FDA Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Standards. All ingredients in the GRAS products we use are Cosmetic Grade and are widely used in skin-applied products.
- Non-chemical pest control products are also very effective and have a low impact on the environment, as well. They typically work by a mechanical action – the materials will scratch and damage the exoskeleton and kill the bed bugs.
Mattress covers that control and help detect bed bugs:
- Most bed bugs in an infested home are found on or near mattresses and box springs. Mattress covers designed to trap bed bugs can help prevent a mattress infestation as well as kill bed bugs that already may be hiding deep within it.
Bed bug detectors and traps:
- There are two types of detectors and traps – active and passive. Active detectors use carbon dioxide and heat to draw bed bugs out from their hiding places and then trap them. Passive bed bug detectors have an outer surface that is textured, and the inner surface is smooth. Bed bugs can crawl in but cannot crawl out.
Monitoring programs to ensure there are no more bed bugs:
- The technician will place bed bug monitors at appropriate locations in the home. If, at any time activity is discovered during an active treatment plan, we will provide further treatment at no cost to the customer.
Read more with our Blog “What to Do When You Have Bed Bugs“
Green Giant’s Bed Bug Pest Control Program
Bed Bug Inspection – One Time Cost of $85
Cost to inspect suspicion of bed begs. After bed bug presence and the level of infestation are confirmed, the inspection fee will be waived if a treatment is purchased.
Bed Bug Control Service – Prices Starting at $350.00
This price is to control a bed bug infestation and may not offer complete eradication. The price includes an initial intensive treatment to control bed bugs. There is no guarantee with this service.
Bed Bug Program – Prices Starting at $600.00
This price is to eradicate a bed bug infestation, depending on infestation level. The program consists of three visits – an initial intensive treatment, followed by a second and third inspection and treatment as needed two and four weeks after the initial visit respectively. There is a 60 day guarantee with this service.
Whether you need an inspection, removal, or treatment services, we can help safely and effectively eliminate your bed bug problems. We service Reading, Lancaster, Fleetwood, the Lehigh Valley, and surrounding areas.