Lawn Care – Early Summer Application
Early Summer Fertilization & Weed Control Application
What was done?
Today we applied:
- Granular, balanced fertilizer blended especially for summer growing conditions.
- Broadleaf Weed Control (We spot treat weeds in your lawn if weather conditions permit). Click here for a list of Controllable weeds included in your program.
What you can expect:
The fertilizer will enhance your lawn’s color and density. Typically fertilizer response on the lawn is visible in 10 to 14 days with adequate soil moisture and will last 6 to 8 weeks. We used a controlled release fertilizer, which will provide long term feeding with no burn potential. Weed control will minimize broadleaf weeds that may be present. The weed control will be most effective if we have some rain. Click here for a list of Controllable weeds included in your program.
What you can do to benefit most from today’s visit:
Watering will benefit this application. If we do not get rain within a week of the application, it is best if you can apply about ½ inch of water to the lawn.
- Help Us Help Your Lawn! Mowing Height Is Very Important. Maintain at least a 3” mowing height (if you do not know how to adjust your mower, ask your Technician and he will gladly do it for you at no charge.)
- Mowing too short will take the color out of the lawn and cause it to stress more in the hot, dry summer conditions.
- Please do not use a weed-eater along the edges of your lawn since this will most often ‘scalp’ the grass and allow weeds to grow.
Morning watering is best.
When the weather stays hot & dry, watering your lawn is very helpful. One inch of water, once a week is adequate.
Never water in the evening or night because this can cause disease problems on your lawn.
You are free to go on the lawn after the material has dried, which can take up to two hours depending on weather conditions. Small children and pets should remain off the lawn until the material has dried.
If you see any Surface Insects on your lawn between visits, please contact us for control options.
If you have any other concerns about your lawn, please call. We will keep working until you are completely satisfied!